The Cat S42 features toughness and proven durability that makes it an essential everyday work phone, especially for more demanding environments. Drop-tested multiple times onto steel from 1,8 m, on every side and corner, Cat phones are built to be impervious to dust and are fully waterproof – surpassing the IP68 rating (tested in 1,5 m depth for 35 minutes). The phone is also fully washable, making it ideal for those concerned with hygiene during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Cat phones are further differentiated with their military grade specification (US military MIL SPEC 810H) which includes: thermal shock tests, high and low temperature extremes, tumble and vibration tests and salt mist resistance. The S42 is protected by a hard-wearing, non-slip rubberised TPU back-plate. Displays are protected by a thick pane of toughened, scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and recessed in a protective ridge, while screens are covered by a 24 month repair warranty at Cat service centres locally and worldwide.
• Long-life battery: 4200 mAh battery and power-efficient 12 nm Mediatek Helio A20 chipset, which provides up to two days of battery life.
• Faster connectivity: dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHZ + 5 GHZ), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC Enhanced.
• Camera: rear-facing 13 MP/Front-facing 5 MP.
• Memory: 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM storage.
• Larger, brighter touchscreen: 5.5-inch, 18.9 HD+, that works with gloves and is readable in full sunlight.
• Touch screen can be controlled with wet fingers or while wearing most gloves.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd. | All Rights Reserved.