Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) announced it is making it easier for small businesses and remote office locations to focus on driving growth and make digital transformation a reality with new technologies that are simple to setup, highly secure and automated.
The latest HPE Small Business Solutions include the next-generation HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus, featuring automation, remote management, and security capabilities, and Intel Pentium and Intel Xeon E processors. The HPE MicroServer, which is as small as a typical hardcover text book, is significantly more economical compared to existing market offerings, costs as little as a streaming TV/movie subscription at less than $20/month, and is as easy to setup as a smartphone.
“Digital transformation is becoming a key part of IT strategy for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) and we expect two-thirds of SMBs to embrace it by 2023,” said Shari Lava, research director, Small Medium Business (SMB) Research Programme, IDC. “SMBs are looking for easy-to-manage solutions that can scale as needed. Solutions, such as this one from HPE, addresses this demand with small businesses by delivering enterprise-grade technologies, which combine servers, software, networking and cloud capabilities that are easier for small business to adopt and manage regardless of their in-house IT capabilities.”
The new HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen1010 Plus weighs only 5 kg and is a third of the size of existing server market offerings, allowing it to be light enough to carry and be placed in any-sized environment. Through a monthly subscription-based service, customers with any business goal can adopt it for less than $20/month and gain the following capabilities that enable faster performance, data protection, automation and ease-of-management tailored to small business needs and scale:
• The new MicroServer is offered with Intel Pentium or Intel Xeon E processors to harness support for virtualisation and database workloads. At only 3610 decibels, it also can be placed anywhere in smaller environments and offices.
• The HPE-exclusive silicon root of trust technology is offered for the first time in an HPE ProLiant MicroServer. It is the industry’s only server family that extends security protection to the silicon level. It protects data, detects issues and rapidly recovers from malicious firmware attacks that could lead to major downtown and cripple business.
• Automatically predict and prevent problems with AI-driven capability. HPE InfoSight for Servers, a cloud-based AI management tool, is offered to SMBs for the first time to monitor the health of their server and use predictive analytics to predict and prevent server issues before business is impacted.
• Remote management from anywhere in the world. HPE ProLiant MicroServer customers will benefit from remote management server capabilities with HPE Integrated Lights Out 5 (iLO5), a software server management tool that allows SMBs to configure, monitor, and update servers seamlessly, no matter where they are.
• Flexible options for in-office operations or via the cloud: Small businesses can run core business applications on-premises in the office and concurrently consume cloud-based services that are supported by Microsoft Azure.
To learn more about HPE SMB solutions, go to https://www.hpe.com/us/en/solutions/smb.html
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved